Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Beautiful Day for T-Ball

It's another gorgeous weekend for Zach's t-ball game.  He had a 12:30 game today and it was hot sitting there watching him.  Here's the team after they warmed up but before the game as they got their little pep talk from the coach.
He didn't do very well with hitting the ball today.  All 3 times that he came up to bat he had to resort to using the tee, no one else on his team (except for one kid, one time) had to use it.  He had to use it all 3 times.  I got a couple of pictures of him swinging and missing.

He was "pitcher" once when he was in the field. 
Another picture of him swinging and missing.
He was in center field one time and he walked by me on his way there to give me a wave. 
Even though he sucked at batting today he did pretty good with focusing and staying where he was supposed to.  The coach gives one player the game ball after each game and because Zach didn't run around  like a maniac and play in the dirt (at least not as much as usual!) he got the game ball for today.  The look on his face was priceless!  I think he thought he would never get it.  He fell asleep on the ride home so he's looking a little grumpy in this picture.  He was very proud of his game ball though.
Just a little side note.  There are several baseball fields where Zach plays and each one is named after someone different but until today I have never noticed what Zach's field was named.  I guess I've just never looked up but today as I was turning around from the concession stand the sign caught my eye.  Zach plays on the field that's named after my Uncle Randy!
Wow!  I never knew that he travelled so far and dedicated so much time to our little league!  Thanks Uncle Randy!

No comments: