Lauren had a busy week with 3 soccer games. These pictures are from today's game against Delcastle. In the past Delcastle has been an easy win but apparently they've gotten better since they were winning at halftime 2-0! There was one girl, #5, that was super fast that kept getting past our defense which then caused her to score...twice.
Lauren started off as a forward then played a couple of different mid positions and then finally started the second half in defense. She was against that #5 girl quite a bit. I can at least say that once Lauren played defense Delcastle didn't score anymore. Coincidence? I don't thinks so. I think my girl is just that good! Here she is battling #5:
She never did get another chance to score thanks to Lauren.
Here's a picture of her early in the game playing forward. The goalie from the other team used to play on Lauren's travel soccer team years ago, you can see her in the background.
The second half of the game was much better than the first and Newark scored 3 times for a final score of 2-3. I wasn't quite sure they were going to win at first but they pulled it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment