...of the regular season was tonight. It was also senior night where all the seniors got recognized before the game. I had to be there a little early since I was one of the moms helping with this event. Actually I didn't have much to do with the actual ceremony, my part was in the weeks leading up to it with buying all the things that are involved with it. Most teams just give their seniors a flower but no, not Lauren's team. The seniors got a framed 8x10 picture, a jewelry box, a soccer necklace and a flower. Next week at the banquet they'll also get a warm-up jacket too. It pays to be a senior! Anyway, even though I didn't technically have to be there early I felt like I should since I was on the committee.
The actual game was a good one with them being tied 1-1 at halftime. Here's a few pics from the first half since that's the only time I took any pictures.
Lauren will not stop doing header balls. Her coach cringed once when she did one (about a week ago) and made her come out to make sure she was alright. You would think that with 2 concussions she would avoid the ball anywhere near her head!
The second half of the game was productive because Lauren's team scored 2 more goals early on to make the score 3-1. It was a little tense the last 15 minutes because Smyrna had a chance to score several times. They didn't though so Newark ended up winning 3-1! It was very exciting because since they won they would be a higher seeded team in the tournament. So now sometime next week she has to play again.
No comments:
Post a Comment