Thursday, June 10, 2010

King Zachary

Zach had earned enough "good boy coins" for a lunch out at Burger King today. Every time I catch him being good he earns one coin which he puts in a wooden treasure chest he painted. One way to get to Lauren's school takes us right by a Burger King so awhile ago I told him that if he saved 10 coins then he can use them to go have lunch there. Well he has saved 10 coins, quite a few times, but he's always used them to buy train stuff instead of doing lunch. That is until today when he reached 10 coins again and said he wanted to go to BK.
I had started the treasure chest/coin thing when he started not being good at preschool. I'm not much for bribes but this kid is different and if it takes earning coins to keep him good then so be it! One positive about it is that he's learning to save and to make choices so maybe when he gets older and has real money he won't be so quick to spend it.

No comments: