Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Meet Max!

Max is Zach's new Build-a-Bear that he made today.

I had plans to go take Kristin to the mall to get her a new bathing suit and since I had a coupon for a free bear (up to $12) I took Zach along with us. He's never made a bear before so I kept telling him I had a surprise for him if he was good while Kristin shopped. We get to the build-a-bear store and of course there are only a few bears that are priced at $12 so I told him he could pick anything up to $18 and I would just pay the difference. He chose the scruffy puppy.

He filled his puppy, put a heart inside and then it was time to give him a bath:

What to name it? When Lauren asked Zach what he wanted to name his puppy he said, "Zachary." I guess the puppy could have been Zachary Jr. or maybe that should be Zachary II! We kept coming up with different names, Lauren was wanting him to be named Fluffy. That sounded too girly to me so I blurted out the name Max and it just stuck.
It would have been a pretty good deal if I had stuck to a $12 bear and not bought any accessories but no, I'm so gullible. I saw a Nascar shirt that I showed Zach and I was going to get just that until I saw this:
It's a one-piece outfit that included the hat. I put the shirt back and got the outfit instead. His "free" bear turned out to cost me $21! Now I remember why I usually ignore those coupons when I get them.

No comments: