Friday, June 11, 2010

Time for a trip to the zoo...

The kids aren't even done school yet and we've started our summer activities. Last night was a trip to a local zoo, a very small zoo which I've blogged about before. The zoo that has hardly any animals and I only go there when I can get everyone in for a $1! This time I had a full minivan of kids that I took. It was myself, all 4 of my kids, Lauren's boyfriend and his little sister, 7 in total.

We spun our prize wheels when we first got in. Usually at least one of us wins something and this year it was Lauren, she won a $10 gift card to McDonalds. I guess she can treat her boyfriend to dinner one night!

Zach did a beanbag toss game.

At least the one cool animal they have at that zoo was up and walking around when we got there. I kept telling Zach all week that if he wasn't good I was going to feed him to the Tiger. He was a good boy!

Everyone watching the Tiger and Kristin trying to get a picture with her phone.

The goats were very active this time when the kids went into the petting zoo. They kept wanting to get out of the gates. Zach wasn't interested in petting them.

Part of the crew having an ice cream break. I guess it's finally time that I put a picture of Lauren's boyfriend on here since they have been going out for more than 3 months now. So here's Lauren and John, Megan and John's little sister Shania (not sure I spelled that right).
After seeing the whole 10 animals there and enjoying some food it was time to leave. The kids all threw pennies into the fountain by the parking lot and that was it.
Going back home was quick but getting to the zoo took forever. I sat in traffic for about 45 minutes due to an accident blocking 2 of the 4 lanes on I-95. I probably only went about 2 miles in that time but once we got past the accident we were at the zoo in no time. Next time I'll be sure to check the traffic reports before leaving!

No comments: