So we check out what's on Main street first, parked at one end and walked to the other. Then Lauren and her boyfriend go off to catch up with friends which left just Zach, Megan and I. We started walking back down the street and on the way stopped at all the different tables and by the time we got back to where we started we were overloaded with all this stuff that was given to us. We had balloons, water bottles, little packs of tissues and even a megaphone plus a whole slew of pencils, pens and lollipops. We had to make a trip back to the car just so I wouldn't have to carry everything around.
Once we made the car run then it was time to find something to eat. We had our choice of pretty much anything we wanted and would you know that Megan wanted a hotdog? So I get her hotdog and a bag of chips, Zach at this point said he didn't want anything. I got a bbq pork sandwhich with beach fries...yum! Still Zach said he didn't want anything. Megan and I both eat then we walk a little farther and there's a place that's giving away free hotdogs so I got Megan and Zach each one plus bought them 2 sodas. I told Zach he had to eat the hotdog in order to drink the soda and that hotdog was gone in no time! Here they are drinking their sodas:
(No, we aren't particularlyadvertising for Chris Coons. Kids will take any sticker they're offered, you'll see Zach with another one in later pictures.)
Zach walked over a rope bridge that some boyscouts made.

They had a firetruck that you could check out from all sides.


There was an organization that was giving out free sno cones and luckily my two kids were the last ones to get them because they ran out of the paper cones. (Darn, I really wanted one too, it was so hot out.) Megan got blue raspberry, Zach got grape.
Zach walked over a rope bridge that some boyscouts made.

They had a firetruck that you could check out from all sides.


There was an organization that was giving out free sno cones and luckily my two kids were the last ones to get them because they ran out of the paper cones. (Darn, I really wanted one too, it was so hot out.) Megan got blue raspberry, Zach got grape.
See what lots of sugar does to him! The sno cone was in addition to about 3 lollipops and a starburst because almost every table had a bowl of candy on it and he was very good at spotting them!
We sat down for a little while and listened to one of the bands performing. It was nice to rest our feet from all the walking. Here he is dancing again with yet another lollipop in his mouth!
The last thing we did was do the slide moon bounce. I saved this for the end because I knew if they did this first they would want to keep doing it. It did look like a lot fun.
Zach went flying down the slide.
We met Lauren and her boyfriend by the moon bounce so once Zach and Megan were done we left. It was a pretty fun night and surprisingly Zach was pretty good for having so much candy!


No comments:
Post a Comment