The kids had named them all and this one was named Tasha but Megan wanted to change her name to Pinchy. I think that's what Lauren's crayfish was called too. I guess that's a pretty common name for something that has pinchers! It's a feisty thing too and kind of big compared to the ones the other girls brought home. This crayfish is as big as Lauren's was after 3 years! (Yes, hers lived for 3 years, lucky me.)
We put it in the same tank I used for Lauren's crayfish. I'm sure over the weekend Megan will have it decorated with shells and probably con me into buying some different colored rocks for the bottom. It took her awhile but finally Megan picked it up. I had been waiting and waiting and waiting to get a picture of her holding it but gave up and put my camera away. I was busy doing other things when she calls for me and asks if I still want a picture. There she was holding it.

They are neat little creatures to watch, especially when they're eating. I'm just hoping that Megan's going to be the one to clean the tank every week and to feed it. I was the one to do it for our past crayfish but I think Megan might actually take care of hers since she's so interested and excited about it. Here's hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment